The total facelift is a surgical procedure that can enhance your facial and neck appearance by repositioning or removing skin, muscle, and/or fat to reduce the signs of aging, smooth out wrinkles, create more prominent cheeks and jawline, and provide a younger-looking appearance. At SLC hospital (Bangkok, Thailand), our surgeons utilize the SMAS technique to lift and tighten the underlying muscle layer, resulting in a natural-looking, firm, and tight appearance based on individual features. Our unique facelift technique ensures minimal scarring and a smooth finish, setting it apart from traditional facelift procedures. This approach yields a more youthful, rejuvenated look with natural-looking results, addressing sagging skin in the cheeks, chin, and neck areas that commonly associated with people aged 50-60 years and older.
If you are interested in Total Facelift press the Add Friend button below!
Traditional Facelift Techniques
Traditional facelift surgery aimed to lift and smooth the face, reduce wrinkles and signs of aging by removing excessive sagging face skin and pulling it in a horizontal straight line. However, this traditional technique resulted in uneven skin, visible pull-up wounds around the face frames and hairline, and an unnatural appearance. Additionally, the deep SMAS layer was not elevated, causing the face to wrinkle again over time. Surgeons only pulled the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous fat layers, which provided quick results but didn’t last long, usually around 3-4 years. This technique did not reach the SMAS layer, leading to sagging skin and aging.
The face has five facial layers, from superficial to deep; skin (epidermis and dermis), subcutaneous layer (superficial fat), facial muscles, SMAS, sub muscular layer, and periosteum layer. However, the total facelift technique at SLC Hospital lifts and tightens the skin deep down to the SMAS layer, resulting in a longer-lasting, natural-looking outcome.6
What is the SMAS layer?
The SMAS (Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System) layer is located beneath the dermis layer and is the uppermost muscle layer in the face. It has a fibrous tissue structure that encloses the muscles, and is sometimes referred to as the “muscular system” of the face. The SMAS layer is located deep next to the bone layer, and it allows the three layers of the facial skin to move together as a single unit. However, as we age, the SMAS layer loses its elasticity and begins to sag, which leads to the formation of wrinkles and sagging skin. Therefore, the SMAS layer is a critical factor for the effectiveness of the total facelift surgery.
The Total Facelift program at SLC Hospital uses a deeper layer technique that targets the SMAS layer for a tighter and smoother wound, which results in better outcomes compared to traditional facelifts.
The Total Facelift surgery offered at SLC Hospital is a new and innovative technique that differs from the typical facelift procedures.
Surgeons at SLC Hospital perform the Total Facelift, also known as the Signature Facelift, as the latest innovative facelift technique. This technique involves lifting the deeper skin layer up to the level of the SMAS layer to address signs of aging and sagging skin. The goal is to rejuvenate and tighten the skin to fit the patient’s face structure, resulting in a naturally younger appearance. Unlike the old facelift technique, the Total Facelift leaves a smooth scar and is excellent for hiding the scar, resulting in rejuvenated and tightened skin with a natural appearance. This technique addresses loose and sagging skin around the cheeks, chin, and neck areas that are commonly seen in people aged 50-60. Celebrities and 80’s movie stars choose SLC Hospital to perform the most popular Total Facelift program.
Comparison between the Total Facelift VS Traditional Facelift
The surgical incisions are discreetly placed along the hairline and behind the ears.
The surgical wounds are located in front of the ears and behind the ear cartilage.
The skin is pulled based on the individual’s facial structure.
The skin is pulled horizontally rather than according to facial structure.
The deeper layer of skin, specifically the SMAS layer, is pulled for a more effective lift.
Only the top layers of skin such as the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous layers are pulled, not reaching the SMAS layer.
Anesthesia is necessary and administered by an anesthesiologist.
Anesthesia is not used for the procedure.
The deeper pull of skin may result in more swelling compared to a typical facelift procedure.
The face may experience less swelling compared to a Total Facelift sing only the top layers of skin are pulled.
A smooth and firm facial appearance appears more natural.
A smooth and firm facial appearance may still be achieved.
The results of the SMAS Flap Facelift last longer than a typical facelift due to the deeper and more precise technique.
The results of the procedure may not last as long since only the top layers of skin are lifted.
SMAS Flap Technique that pulls deeper, a better result.
Let’s find out what the SMAS Flap technique is #รีวิวหมอธีระSLC #รีวิวดึงหน้าSLC
Advantages of SMAS Flap Facelift, a new technique by SLC Hospital
1. The incisions are discreetly placed along the hairline and behind the ears, minimizing any visible scarring on the face.
2. The skin is pulled based on the individual’s facial structure, resulting in a more natural and youthful appearance.
3. The skin is pulled deep down to the SMAS layer, resulting in a smoother and tighter face with longer-lasting effects than a typical facelift.
4. Wrinkles and deep folds under the eyes are smoothed out, and the wounds around the eye area blend seamlessly with the edges of the eyes.
5. Patients look more than 20 years younger, and signs of aging are significantly reduced.
What is the reason for SMAS layer, during facelift surgery? #ดึงหน้าแมนนวล #รีวิวหมออ้นSLC #รีวิวดึงหน้าSLC
Candidates for Total Facelift Surgery
The total facelift surgery is recommended for individuals who have noticeable wrinkles, typically those in their 40s or older, as the skin naturally degenerates with age. This procedure is particularly effective for those with deep wrinkles around the face, nose, and cheeks, or those experiencing loose skin around the neck, as it can help them achieve a more youthful appearance of at least 10 years.
“Hiding Scar Technique” is a unique approach that has not been used before.
By skillfully suturing the incision along the hairline and behind the ears, this techniques results in a smooth and taut appearance, instilling confidence in the patient to show off their beautiful, firm skin from every angle, including areas around the eyes and ears.
Review: Surgical suture removal of Total Facelift, 14 days after surgery, #รีวิวดึงหน้าSLC
After seven days, a review of the incision from the Total Facelift Surgery is conducted. In this particular case, the patient had previously undergone facelift surgery but was not satisfied with the results as their facial skin remained loose. To address this issue, Dr.Feb, a board-certified specialized surgeon at SLC Hospital, used a special technique to hide the scars from the previous surgery by collecting them and concealing them along the hairline and behine the ears. This review is being shared using the #รีวิวดึงหน้าSLC #รีวิวหมอเฟบSLC
Specialized surgeons with expertise in facelift surgery perform the operations.
The total facelift surgery provides a natural and beautiful taut appearance that allows the face to show genuine emotions without appearing artificial or having a wind-blown look.
During the surgery, the surgeon will pull down to the SMAS layer, lift the skin, remove excess skin, and reposition it. The surgeon is also cautious and prioritizes avoiding nerve damage or trauma during the procedure
During the surgery, the anesthesiologists will be closely monitored on a 1-on-1 basis to ensure safety.
Total Facelift surgery can result in youthful appearance.
Total Facelift can give you a tightened and smooth appearance of the face, jaw, and neck.
The Total facelift surgery aims to enhance your facial and neck appearance by removing and repositioning skin, muscle, and fat to reduce the signs of aging. During the procedure, the surgeon separates the skin layers from the subcutaneous layer and sub muscular layer around the face, neck, and jawline to recreate new contours. For a lower face, the surgeon makes a small incision under the chin and jawline, removes excess fat, and tightens the neck muscles to create a clear jawline, neck, and a more youthful appearance.
The Total Facelift – 3D Facelift program offers a range of procedures that can give you beautifully taut, plump, and glowing skin.
K.Kwanpirom Lin, who has completed 8 facelift surgeries:
1. Total Facelift: this procedure lifts the face, top, bottom, and neck to give you taut and smooth skin.
2. Endotine: the Endotine material is used to lift the eyebrows and forehead, to rejuvenate your appearance. The material works similarly to thread lifts and can decompose in 2 years.
3. Subbrow Age-Delay Lift™: this procedure collects wrinkled and sagging skin around the eye layers, revealing clear eye layers. This technique used to hide wounds under the eyebrows, and there are no surgical wounds around the eyes. This procedure gives you the confidence to show off your makeup-free face without marks.
4. Foxy Eyes Original™: This procedure lifts the outside corners of your eyes and pulls them slightly outwards to give you almond-shaped eyes. SLC hospital uses special, innovative techniques to change the shape of your eyes to make them foxy or cat eyes, giving you a more outstanding youthful appearance and long-lasting results.
5. Lower Eyelid Surgery (Lower Blepharoplasty): this procedure corrects the sagging, baggy, and wrinkled undereye area with a special technique that hides the scar very well, giving you a fresh, smooth eye’s look.
6. Jawline: This procedure lifts the skin around the chin areas to give you a young (V-shape) appearance.
7. Vaser (face) liposuction: This procedure collects excess fat that accumulates on the cheeks and gives the obvious frame and slender face.
8. Micro Fat Transfer Stem Cell: This procedure fills the volume to make the skin bounce, full, and plump, which makes your skin and the appearance look young. Three techniques are used for rejuvenation, such as using the fat transplant technique or using the stem cells from the patient’s body, so there is no need to worry about foreign material that can cause unresisting problems. It is also well compatible with the body.
Review Total Facelift Surgery K.Kwanpirom Lin, Total 3D Facelift™ #รีวิวหมอเฟบSLC #รีวิวดึงหน้าSLC
During the Total Facelift procedure:
1. The surgeon will determine the surgical line based on the patient’s facial structure. Anesthesia will be administered by the anesthesiologist to keep the patient comfortable throughout the surgery.
2. Using small medical devices inserted into the incision, the surgeon will separate the dermis layer from the fat and muscle layers, reaching deep into the SMAS muscle layer close to the temporal area and ear line to avoid affecting nearby nerves.
3. The SMAS layer muscle will be loosened and then securely stitched tight to correct wrinkles and deep wrinkles, resulting in smoother and tighter skin.
4. Excess sagging skin will be collected, and the surgeon will pull and eliminate it, then stitch the remaining skin to the strong tissue layer to hold everything in the proper position.
5. The incision will be neatly sutured in the hard-to-see spots to hide the surgical wound. The surgical scar caused by pulling the face and neck will become almost imperceptible over time.
The duration of the surgery
Total facelift surgery takes about 4 hours, depending on the individual. After the surgery, the patient will recuperate in the Recovery Room for monitoring the wound and any postoperative abnormalities for 30 minues.
Total Facelift postoperative duration
1. Most patients will experience discomfort after surgery, such as bruises and swelling, which will continue for about 3 days.
2. Recovery will take about 5-7 days, but regular activities can be resumed after 2-3 days of surgery.
3. Normally, patients will full recover in about 10-14 days, while the bruising subsides. The bandage must be kept dry, and patients should strictly follow the surgeon’s instructions.
4. The scar will take about 3-8 month to fade away.
Preparation for Facelift Surgery
1. Refrain from taking blood thinners, steroid drugs, painkillers, anti-muscular drugs, vitamins, and all kinds of supplements at least 2 weeks before surgery (medications for underlying medical conditions should be recommended by the treating physician).
2. Inform the surgeon of medical information such as medication, underlying diseases, history of surgery, history of drug allergies, and orally taken supplements.
3. Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for at least 2 weeks before surgery and continue for at least 1 week after surgery to reduce the risk of infection. In addition, the substances contained in cigarettes have a reduced effect on reducing the amount of oxygen in the blood which causes the wound to heal slower than normal.
4. Anesthesia is required in facelift surgery and will be performed by the anesthesiologist. Before undergoing surgery, patients must refrain from eating and drinking water for at least 8 hours or more.
5. Remove nail colors and extensions before the day of surgery. The anesthesiologist must measure the oxygen value of the fingertips, and coloring the nail or having a nail extension may result in mismeasurement.
6. In case the patient has current symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, or infection wounds, inform the nurse at least 2 days before surgery.
7. Prepare the state of mind. Do not be overexcited and please be aware that there will be bruises and swelling, which will get better over time, and that you will need to get used to a new appearance.
Preparation on the day of surgery
1. Take a shower and wash your hair properly on the day of surgery, refrain from wearing contact lenses, makeup, nail polish, lotions, perfume, or jewelry on the day of surgery. Please keep your valuables at home.
2. Wear loose clothing with zippers or buttons on the front. Do not wear tights or pants and do not drive alone. A dependent or relative must accompany you on the day of the operation.
3. Arrive 1-2 hours before surgery.
Post Operative Care
1. Apply cool packs to the face to ease pain and reduce swelling within the first 48 hours after surgery, and continue for 1-3 days after surgery to reduce swelling. After that, switch to a warm pack on the 4th day to reduce bruising.
2. Use a thick bandage to cover the wound for 3 days, then wear a Face Lift Band (face tourniquet) instead.
3. Be careful not to get the wound wet for at least 3-5 days after surgery. If the wound gets wet, use a clean cloth to dry the wound area every time.
4. During the first week after surgery, you should lie with your head elevated.
5. Try to avoid rubbing or touching the area of the wound where the surgery was performed.
6. Follow wound care instructions as directed by your surgeon. Also, take the prescription medication that the hospital has provided.
7. Refrain from activities that may cause trauma, such as running, chores, sex, sauna, etc., which may increase blood pressure.
8. Avoid exercise for at least 2-4 weeks after surgery.
9. Refrain from eating fermented foods, drinking alcohol, and smoking for at least 1-2 weeks after surgery, as the substances contained in cigarettes reduce oxygen content in the blood, which may cause wound infection or slower healing than normal.
10. The surgeon will remove the surgical suture after 7-14 days and schedule follow-up appointments with the patient after breast lifting at the end of the first month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and every year thereafter.
11. Getting enough rest can speed up the healing process.
12. If you experience abnormal bleeding or severe swelling, you should contact your surgeon immediately.
Precautions After Facelift Surgery
After total facelift surgery, it’s important to take proper care of the wound site to ensure proper healing and avoid complications. To prevent infection, it’s crucial to avoid rubbing or touching the area of the wound. If you experience abnormal swelling, redness, inflammation, or bleeding, it’s important to consult your doctor immediately rather than taking medication on your won, as this could make the situation worse.
Possible Side Effects After Facelift Surgery
The severity and duration of side effects may vary depending on the individual, especially if they have undergone additional surgeries. Patients may experience swelling of the face, which typically improves after 1-3 weeks. Some patients may also experience stiffness and numbness in the face and neck area after surgery, which can gradually improve over 1 to 6 months depending on the individual’s physical condition. If you experience severe or prolonged side effects, it is recommended to contact your doctor for further evaluation.
Call : +66 2 714 9555
Whatsapp : +66 96 116 0806
Line@ : @SLCCLINIC
Or Click : https://cutt.ly/SLC
Messenger : http://m.me/SLCHospital
Our Branches : https://cutt.ly/branches