From the medical mesh (Titanium Mesh) to the breast lock, Signature Mesh, a breast specialist surgeon in collaboration with SLC Surgery Hospital, was the one who initiated the introduction of medical mesh or Titanium Mesh to be used in breast cancer patients for breast reconstruction surgery. This technology will be used in breast lift surgery with Secret Lock ™ technique to solve problems for those who have sagging breasts, breasts that are far apart, deformed breasts, and breasts with silicone implant displacement. The chest may look like a block after breast augmentation surgery so the Signature Mesh serves to support the muscles and the chest wall in order to put the silicone in the right position and add thickness to the skin around the chest, slowing down the sagging of the breast and enhance the efficiency of the breast lift in order to get good results.
Breast lift, a tighter chest X2 combined Secret–Lock™ technique and a medical mesh.
What is a medical mesh?
A medical mesh (Signature–Mesh) is a synthetic mesh made of polypropylene (Polypropylene) and coated with titanium (Titanium.) It was produced for medical use. It has the ability to support weight well and does not react against the body. The medical mesh was originally used for breast augmentation in women who had to have a mastectomy due to breast cancer treatment, or in people who have lost their breasts from an accident. The medical net will serve to support the silicone in a good and proper position.
Signature–Mesh, light, flexible, and strong.
Special features of a medical mesh is that it is strong, durable, and can stay in the body for a lifetime without any reaction from the body. The body will create new tissue to cover the net, causing the skin around the chest to thicken. It helps reduce fibrosis around the silicone breast. In addition, for the medical net, there are also foreign papers and research done by medical professionals supporting that it does not increase the risk of breast cancer.
Why does Signature–Mesh have to be coated with titanium?
Because titanium is a thin, soft, lightweight metal; it is strong, durable, can resist corrosion better than polypropylene fibers, and cannot be decomposed. It has also been medically used for a long time. The titanium increases the efficiency of the mesh fibers to be stronger. For example, in cases when polypropylene mesh fibers tear, the titanium part remains. In addition, titanium reduces the shrinkage rate of the mesh fibers well and it is not toxic to the skin, or to the body.
Working principle of Signature–Mesh with body tissues
Information about the medical mesh before inserting it into the body.
- The fibers of the net are finely woven, stable, strong and highly flexible. When it is stretched, it will shrink back in the same way, showing its flexibility greatly.
- When the medical mesh is expanded, it becomes more pliable and changes its shape until it resembles a chain of nets so that the tissues of the body can infiltrate the gaps of the mesh. This then makes the mesh thicker and it can easily support the breast well.
- The body creates tissues and collagen to cover the net. Normally, the body will start to create tissue to cover the net from the first 1-4 weeks and will cover the entire area of the net from the 6th month, which the body will create tissue until it is fully covered in 3 years, making the skin in the chest thicker, able to support and tighten the breast position. The breast is stable and does not move to another position.
Secret–Lock™ breast lift,, lift and lock, fix your beautiful shape with Signature-Mesh
- Lift and Lock Breast Support The medical net will help support the breast in its proper position for those who have breast lift surgery with Secret Lock™ technique to correct sagging breasts and also for those who had breast augmentation surgery.
- It will help to push the breasts closer and fix the distance between the breasts. The medical mesh will help lock the breasts in its proper position for those with wide apart breasts, chicken breasts appearance, and a wide chest base. It also helps to correct the problem of breast discharge on the side when sleeping.
Fix them beautifully, help shape your breasts!
- Fixing twin breasts in those who have silicone breast augmentation and have problems with both sides of the silicone breast because they are so close together that it feels like they are connected to the same breast. The medical mesh will help lock the silicone into a new and proper position.
- Solve the problem of saggy breasts in those who have breast augmentation and have problems with saggy breasts (from the silicone being displaced and not proportional, making the nipples disproportionate or creating a look that makes the nipples look like they are pointing upwards).
- Fix the deformed shape (sagging) of the breast after breast augmentation. This can be done with the medical mesh that will lock the silicone in position and help to enhance the efficiency of lifting and tightening in order to slow down the sagging of the breasts. This technique is for those who have had silicone breast augmentation and then have problems of sagging breasts after having children. This problem causes the shape of the breasts to change to a natural look with more fat or pulling the breast down while the silicone breast is still in the same position, causing the breast shape to be deformed from the original.
- Help embrace the silicone breast in those who had surgery to reduce the size of silicone from a very large size to a smaller size. For example, those who had breast augmentation in the size of 500 CC and want to reduce the size to 250 CC. In this case, the medical mesh will lock the silicone breast and help to tighten and support it in the right position without moving. This is because in those who have undergone a large size implant breast augmentation, they will have a problem of breast tissue enlargement causing the chest to have gaps which takes a long time for the muscles to tighten and position themselves around the new silicone.
Very dense volume, adding thickness to the breast! The medical mesh will add thickness to the skin around the breast. When you place a medical mesh in the body, it will create tissue and collagen to cover the net, making the mesh thicker and stronger, and this will help to fix the problem of thinning of the breast, as well as those breasts that don’t have enough mass to make them look full and it also helps to reduce fibrosis.
Advantages of Signature Mesh
- Can get along well with all the organs of the body. The body has no reaction against it and it can last a lifetime.
- The mesh is coated with titanium which can absorb water well and therefore reduce the occurrence of bleeding or pus formation.
- Helps reduce irritation and pain after surgery.
- Does not affect the metal detector at the airport because the titanium coated medical mesh is very small and is surrounded by body tissues.
- There is also a research that there is no risk of breast cancer when using the mesh.
Benefits of Signature Mesh with breast augmentation surgery
- Breast support as such can be helpful in people with sagging breasts and those with a lot of breast mass. The mesh will help to maintain a long term good results after the lifting and reduce the risk of having repetitive breast sagging.
- It locks the silicone in a proper position in those who have had a breast augmentation and have experienced the sagging of the muscles of the breasts preventing them from having deformed breasts or those that sag even lower.
- Increases the thickness of the breast layer in order to solve the problem of streaky breasts and solve the problem of the chest looking like a block in those who have less breast mass.
- It holds the position of the silicone in those who have problems with wide-apart breasts, chicken breast appearance, and helps to reduce the problem of chest that faces outwards on different sides when sleeping.
- Reduces fibrosis around the breast.
Who should use the Signature Mesh for breast lift?
- Those who has saggy breasts
- Those who have a wide chest, chicken breast, wide cleavage
- Those who have very thin breasts with little mass
- People who have had silicone breast augmentation and have a problem with streaky breasts and fibrosis until the breasts looked like a block and deformed.
- People who have problems with saggy breasts (The nature of saggy breasts is that the silicone falls downwards causing the nipples to point upwards)
- Patients that have had breast augmentation with very large sized implants and would like to reduce the size of the breasts and the implant.
- Patients with breast cancer who have been cured and want to reconstruct their breasts, including those who have had accidents that resulted in breast deformities.
There are 3 types of Signature Mesh
The medical mesh sheet has been used in breast augmentation cases since 2008 to help support breast implants. It is currently being applied in cosmetic surgery to help support the silicone breast in the case that the breast begins to sag, making the breast firmer, in a better position and fixing the distance of the breasts to make them closer and have a beautiful distance. It can also be used to correct the cases that have had silicone augmentation and had problems with twin breasts, in which the surgeon will use a mesh to help support the silicone position in the proper and beautiful manner.
The medical mesh bag for encapsulating and supporting breast implants. It was developed to be used easily and to shorten the time of surgery by helping to lock the position of the silicone in the right area. It is suitable for breast lifting and embossing of silicone breasts. In those who have problems with sagging breasts, the Signature-Mesh Pocket will help to enhance the efficiency of breast lift surgery to have good results in the long run by helping to support the weight of the breast in order to slow down the sagging of the breasts. In addition, the mesh Signature-Mesh Pocket also increases the thickness of the skin around the breast, helping to fix the problem of thin breast with not enough mass and also streaky breasts from silicone breast augmentation.
3. Signature–Mesh–Bra MPX
This looks like a medical gauze in a circular disc shape. The ends of the mesh will be cut on both sides so that a cone can be formed, which has the advantage of being able to adjust the size of the mesh to suit the size and shape of the breast appropriately. It enhances the effectiveness of the breast lifting surgery in the long term. It is suitable for those who have breast lifting surgery without silicone implants.
Surgical procedure steps for Breast lift with Signature-Mesh
- A specialist surgeon performs breast lift surgery.
- The medical mesh (Signature–Mesh) is being wrapped around the silicone.
- The surgeon inserts a silicone implant and attaches a medical mesh to the chest muscles.
Review of breast correction and breast lifting with medical netting
The customer sent a picture of a review of the breast lift, breast lifting technique Secret Lock ™ with medical mesh. Signature-Mesh helps to lift and tighten the breasts, form a beautiful shape with no sagging and makes it suitable in sexy bikini! In this case, he breast sags a lot from breastfeeding. The doctor recommended a breast reduction from 365 c.c. to 235 c.c. in combination with a T-incision breast lift and SecretLock™ breast lift technique using medical mesh. Signature-Mesh helped to support the silicone breasts in their proper position.
Review of breast lifting with SecretLock ™ after 2 months post operation.
Preparation for breast lift
- Avoid taking anticoagulants, steroids, pain relievers, and anti-inflammatory drugs as well as all vitamins and supplements at least 2 weeks before surgery. (Medications for underlying diseases should be advised by the treating physician)
- Inform the surgeon about any underlying disease, congenital disease, medication history, surgical history, history of drug allergy, including dietary supplements that are taken.
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for at least 2 weeks before and at least 1 week after surgery to reduce the risk of infection after breast augmentation surgery. In addition, the substances contained in cigarettes reduce the amount of oxygen in the blood and may result in slower wound healing than usual.
- Breast augmentation surgery a surgery requiring anesthesia administered by an anesthesiologist. Before undergoing surgery, the patient must avoid eating and drinking for at least 8 hours or more.
- Remove the nail color and remove any nail extensions before the surgery date. This is because the anesthesiologist has to measure the oxygen at the fingertips. Nail polish or nail extension will distort the measurement result.
- In the event that the patient has a current illness such as fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, infected wounds, red eyes, sore eyes, etc., please inform the nurse at least 2 days before surgery.
- Be mentally prepared and don’t be overly excited. Be aware that after surgery there will be swelling, which takes time to heal or get used to the new image.
Preparation on the day of the surgery
- Take a shower and wash your hair on the day of surgery. Remove contact lenses, no makeup, no nail polish, no lotion, no perfume or jewelry on the day of the surgery. Please keep valuables at home.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing with a zipper or button in front. Do not wear tight dresses or pants. Do not drive alone. You must be accompanied by a dependent or a relative on the day of surgery.
- You should be prepared one hour before the surgery.
How to take care of yourself after surgery:
- There will be pain, swelling and bruising in the first 1-2 weeks after surgery. This is a normal symptom to occur. The symptoms will gradually get better with time.
- If the surgeon covers the wound with gauze, be careful not to let the wound get wet for at least 3-5 days after the surgery and in the event that the surgeon covers the wound with a waterproof sheet, you can bathe normally. If the dressing sheet slips or leaks then you need to change it to a new sheet, or you can come back to clean and change the dressing at the clinic. If the wound is wet, use a clean cloth to make the wound dry every time.
- After breast augmentation nausea, vomiting, or sore throat may occur for the first 1-3 days after the surgery depending on the individual. This is a side effect from general anesthesia.
- Refrain from lifting heavy objects or activities that require lifting your arms after surgery for about 3-4 week. (Especially in the case of under-muscle surgery)
- Refrain from exercising after surgery for at least 4 weeks.
- Wear a shirt without a steel frame or support. (Such as Sports Bra or Elastic Support Bra) for 2-4 weeks after the surgery and at night. You may start to wear the underwire bra after 4-6 weeks or as advised by the surgeon.
- Lie on your back for 3-4 weeks after surgery. You should not lie on your side or on your stomach to prevent pressure on the chest which can cause the chest to lose its shape.
- Abstain from alcohol and smoking for at least 1-2 weeks after the surgery. Because the substances in cigarettes reduce the amount of oxygen in the blood and may result in wound healing slower than usual or it may increase the risk of infection
- The surgeon makes an appointment to remove the stitches after 7-14 days and follow up after the breast lift after 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and every 1 year.
Possible side effects:
- After surgery, you may experience nausea, vomiting, or a sore throat for the first 1-3 days after surgery depending on each individual. This is a side effect from general anesthesia.
- Pain, swelling and bruising in the first 1-2 weeks after surgery. This is a normal symptom that can occur. The symptoms will gradually improve with time.
- Some clients may have a tingling sensation in the nipple or side area, which can happen sometimes. Most of the time, symptoms will go away on their own within 3 months.
- After breast lifting, some people may experience numbness around the nipples. Symptoms generally improve in 2-6 months.
Precautions after breast lifting
- After the breast lift during the first 1-3 months, avoid activities that put pressure on the breast area, avoid lying face down, avoid activities that affect the chest such as running and jumping.
- Avoid exerting too much force on the arm and chest muscles during the first 1-2 months. You can exercise vigorously 2-3 months after the surgery.
- After breast lift surgery, you should regularly check your breasts yourself to see if anything is wrong with the breast or if there are any changes? If anything abnormal is found, then you need to immediately come to see the surgeon.
Frequently asked questions about medical mesh
Q1: Will the Signature–Mesh dissolve on its own? Will it cause cancer over time?
A1: Titanium is a material that is highly compatible with the organs of the body. The body does not react against it and it can last a lifetime. There is a research from abroad to support that it does not increase the risk of breast cancer.
Q2: If you have Signature–Mesh can you walk through a scanner at the airport?
A2: The titanium coated medical mesh is very small and is surrounded by body tissues. So, it usually doesn’t affect metal detectors at airports. Except, if the detector is set up with a higher resolution, then it may have some impact.
Q3: If I have a breast lift with Signature–Mesh can I use an MRI ?
A3: For Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) examination, there may be some effect on the quality of the MRI images obtained, but it does not harm the patient in any way. In this regard, the doctor who performed the MRI should be informed that the patient has had a breast lift surgery with this mesh and therefore the doctor will act accordingly.